What should you do when your Hagerstown home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your loved ones – against the multitude of risks you may face, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Although your home might be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Hagerstown home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often startling, disorienting, and could cause panic. Your best bet is to stay composed and adhere to these straightforward guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Hagerstown Sounds
Nobody wants to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused from a deep sleep with the telltale sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. So what should you do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is pounding. But keeping yourself calm is the most effective way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency on your own and permit your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Take care of your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and leading them to safety. In the event of a burglary, this might include moving to a predetermined secure area as far away from points of entry as possible. The trespasser was probably already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s smoke or a blaze, you ought to exit your house without delay.
- Grab your smartphone. The vast majority of people keep their phones with them at all times these days, but you might neglect to pick it up during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your monitoring specialists and obtain alerts through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Team
Whenever your home alarm system in Hagerstown goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will spring to action. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The protocol they adhere to depends on the type of emergency. For example, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, one effort will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. If you have a break-in - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to contact you through the touchscreen interface. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t result in a reply, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once authorities are notified.
If you're not able to communicate with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Help will still be dispatched even when you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Hagerstown
Get prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Hagerstown from Vivint. Dial (301) 923-4840 to begin designing your home’s defense today.