Tips to cut down on false alarms in Hagerstown
False alarms can be an actual problem for home security systems. Not only can they be a pain to resolve, but they might even lower the confidence you have in your equipment. Fortunately, you can do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Hagerstown sensors and alarms.
As the first step, make sure that your devices connected as intended. This will probably appear to be an obvious course of action, but it frequently happens that simple user errors lead to false alarms. For the next step, check out likely culprits of false alarms, including a back door that could be left open inadvertently. And of course, feel free to incorporate the many tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Hagerstown.
Might it be really that easy? Keep reading to see for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Hagerstown?
Just like you would address any concern, the first thing to do is read the manual. Ensure all your components are set up correctly on your end by:
- Performing a checkup through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically evaluate each device to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your preset schedules to make sure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all integrated smart components are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your system.
Reach out to your customer service representative if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Hagerstown home. They'll gladly dispatch a tehnician to check your equipment.
Inspect your entry points
If your system checks out OK, the subsequent course of action is to do an investigation of the house. Are your entries closed tightly, or might there be a few accidentally cracked? If an entry point is left open, it could activate a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your household consistently forgets to secure an entry point, you can install a smart lock that automatically locks when the alarm is engaged. Regrettably, windows require extra physical effort, particularly if you have a family member who enjoys to fall asleep with an open window. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that device while protecting the remainder of the house.
Smart home automation tends to be a smart way to cut down on false alarms in Hagerstown
One of the most effective methods to lessen the probability of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your home security system. With your Vivint app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms caused by accidentally opening doors or windows. Then have it automatically set again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Program the alarm to disengage as your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the correct code.
- Use geotracking to arm your system as you depart the property, then turn off when you return.
- Receive cell phone alerts when your implements detect uncommon movements or need a fresh battery.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Hagerstown by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Increased command over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, contact (301) 923-4840 or send in the form on this page.