Daily home deliveries have become standard for numerous residents due to the emergence of online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having goods left in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes on your doorstep are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a serious problem, but you are able to take action against it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to dissuade package theft, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Hagerstown video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You are now able to set up detection zones, communicate with people on your porch, and receive real-time notifications whenever something arrives.
The easiest way to find out how a Hagerstown video doorbell camera works is to explore the many benefits it gives you. Consider the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring burglary with signals that can be seen and heard. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that should include the faces of visitors on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the point of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will give you incredible high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to get instant updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between individuals and packages.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is someone waiting at your main entry? Bi-directional audio allows you to ask what they want. You can even use this helpful feature to deter people lurking around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will allow you to reduce false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the opportunity to access real-time and archived video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even permit you to communicate with the person at your door. These components have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.