How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Hagerstown smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete control of your Hagerstown home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and find suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Hagerstown do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to devices via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also offers convenient remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform:
- View live or recorded footage from your integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Hagerstown by implementing schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a message if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Hagerstown
Although many users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, tap email or phone and provide the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, choose the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Hagerstown home security system. Dial (301) 923-4840 to get started.